By participating in this Challenge and in accordance with these Rules, you are eligible to receive various forms of recognition and a possible cash Prize of up to $270,000.00. Please read the following Rules carefully.
By continuing any use of this website and by submitting an application to the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge (“IIC”), you expressly consent to these Rules.
- Subject to the limitations set out herein and in the Terms, any organization and/or business entity (such as a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, nonprofit agency, etc.) may participate (“You”); except that employees of the Challenge Sponsor and any of their subsidiaries and/or affiliates of those entities and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees from those entities, are not eligible. You must complete registration to participate. Individuals must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to participate by representing an organization. You cannot reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
- Your Entry should meet the application requirements stipulated on this website. You are required to register in advance of any deadlines for the submission of an Entry, and You must comply with all other deadlines posted on this website. Your Entry must be written in English. Your Entry may not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Challenge Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Challenge Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the CHALLENGE in whole or in part without liability to You (a) if it determines that the number of registrants is insufficient to warrant holding the CHALLENGE, (b) in the event of fraud, technical or circumstances beyond Challenge Sponsor’s reasonable control or (c) if Challenge Sponsor in its sole discretion concludes that the integrity of the CHALLENGE is compromised. Challenge Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify You from participating in its sole discretion.
- The Content created or provided by You must be your own. You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work created solely by You, that You own all Intellectual Property in and to the Entry, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Entry, except as expressly identified by You to us in writing. You retain all right, title and interest in any inventions, software or work of authorship You invent or create during the CHALLENGE, but grant Challenge Sponsor the right to distribute and display Your CHALLENGE entry.
- You may participate by registering, and You may not register more than one true and uniform identity; multiple registrations for a participant using multiple identities are not allowed. Applicants who have applied previously but have not been awarded a prize are allowed to reapply. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entry made by a participant violating this limitation, regardless of whether all of the respective parties had knowledge of such violation.
- The application requirements for your Entry are clearly described on this website. Your Entry will be reviewed by multiple Judges, who will be assigned to score your Entry either randomly or after considering any potential conflicts of interest, using the scoring rubric and judging criteria that are also described on this website. In cases where a Judge indicates any potential conflict of interest, the Entry will be assigned to another Judge. Those Judges, each of whom is named on this website, will be responsible for scoring your Entry. Judges are permitted to communicate with Participants solely for the purposes of carrying out due diligence for evaluating your Entry and assigning a score during the review process, but those Judges are not required to contact directly any individual.
- Once a rank order of Entries has been calculated, the top Applicants will be presented before the Selection Panel. Champion Committee members will review the top Entries and will determine all Regional Winners using judging criteria that may incorporate the same scoring rubric employed by previous judges, but they are not limited solely to using that criteria. At least one of the initial Judges assigned to score the total pool of Applicants will be independent of the Challenge Sponsor. If the Selection Panel determines that an event should be hosted, where the top Applicants may be required to attend, then You may be asked to attend that event and to prepare additional materials in advance or upon the date of the event. You will be required to respond to any invitations to attend any events as promptly and clearly as possible.
- Once the Regional Winners are selected, they will be presented before the Champion Committee. Champion Committee members will review the top Entries and will determine all Global Grand Prize Winners using judging criteria that may incorporate the same scoring rubric employed by previous judges, but they are not limited solely to using that criteria. At least one of the initial Judges assigned to score the total pool of Applicants will be independent of the Challenge Sponsor. If the Champion Committee determines that an event should be hosted, where the top Applicants may be required to attend, then You may be asked to attend that event and to prepare additional materials in advance or upon the date of the event. You will be required to respond to any invitations to attend any events as promptly and clearly as possible.
- Should your organization be selected as the Winner of any Award(s), various cash payments may be provided (subject to terms specified in a separately executed agreement with the Challenge Sponsor (each a “Separate Agreement”)). Some of the Award amounts available through this Challenge are described on this website, but others may be bestowed by the Challenge Sponsor, based solely on their prerogative to select additional Award winners. You may not submit any petitions for a division of any Award(s). All Winners will be announced on this Website. If you or your team has a winning entry in the CHALLENGE, and do not enter into a Separate Agreement, you or your team may be unable to receive an Award. If you win and receive an Award, you will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, that apply to your Award. The Winner of an Award will be solely responsible for paying such taxes. Neither the Challenge Sponsor nor its affiliates will accept responsibility for paying such taxes.
- The Winner and Challenge Sponsor may elect, but are not required, to enter into a separate, agreement with one another.
- By submitting your Entry, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Challenge Sponsor and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any Loss arising out of your participation in this Challenge and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any Award(s). The Challenge Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Challenge entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. The Challenge Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Challenge.
- THIS CHALLENGE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Challenge shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the United States of America and all countries where the IIC operates. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Challenge are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
- If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Challenge Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Challenge, the Challenge Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge. If the Challenge Sponsor terminates the Challenge, it will not retain any rights in the submitted Entries.
- The Challenge Sponsor, reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates these Rules, the Terms and any standards of behavior expressed or implied in them.
You may contact us with any questions or comments about these Rules. Please enter “MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge” in the subject line of your email. You may reach us at: email@example.com
The Challenge Sponsor is represented by:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Devin Cook, Executive Producer, MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge